Analog Spark - 180 Gram Virgin Vinyl - Mastered by Ryan K. Smith at Sterling Sound
AAA 100% Analogue - Limited Edition - Pressed at RTI - Columbia CL 566
Limited Edition AAA Pressing
Mastered from the original mono tapes by Ryan K. Smith at Sterling Sound
180-gram LP plated and pressed at RTI
Housed in a Stoughton old style tip-on jacket
The 1954 North American college tour for the Dave Brubeck Quartet led to this album for Columbia Records.
Brubeck was joined by Paul Desmond, Bob Bates, and Joe Dodge.
Before there was Time Out, there was Jazz Goes To College. This incredible album documents the 1954 North American college tour of The Dave Brubeck Quartet and features Paul Desmond on alto saxophone, Bob Bates on double bass and Joe Dodge on drums.
Following the album’s original release, Dave Brubeck landed on the cover of Time Magazine and was declared “the most exciting new jazz artist at work today.”
This new vinyl reissue was cut from the original analog tapes by Ryan K. Smith at Sterling Sound and pressed at RTI.
Dave Brubeck, piano
Paul Desmond, alto saxophone
Bob Bates, double bass
Joe Dodge, drums
1. Balcony Rock (University of Michigan)
2. Out of Nowhere (University of Cincinnati)
3. Le Souk (Oberlin College, OH)
4. Take the 'A' Train (University of Michigan)
5. The Song Is You (University of Michigan)
6. Don't Worry 'Bout Me (University of Michigan)
7. I Want To Be Happy (University of Michigan)