Considered one of the 10 best recordings of the last century
Reviewer Norbert Hornig, for Fonoforum calls this album unsurpassed. "...it seems to me so far. Giuliano Carmignolas' first recording with the Sonatori de la Gioiosa Marca of 1992. A stroke of genius: Grippingly alive instrumental extremely brilliant, musically transparent and colored to the last corner of the score."
You can hear Zamfir moving, walking, using feet, anything. And the dynamic are so huge that are out of this world.
The music, the atmospehere and the quality of recording is something to be heard.
Do not run to get your copy, but get a jet plane while the supply last ...
Is it still possible after hundreds, perhaps thousands, of live performances and recordings, to add something new, or at least different, to Vivaldi's Four Seasons? Although it may seem surprising, you can still, writesMusica. And it shows in this beautiful engraving of Sonatori of Gioiosa Marca, an extraordinary group of Treviso, which also present a recording devoted almost entirely to Violin Concertos, always by Vivaldi, and assembled in the program "the humane passions" because of their titles: The favorite, anxiety, suspicion, The loving and pleasure.
As is evident, this episode belongs to that style of music, "descriptive," so dear to some authors of the past, including Vivaldi. In spite of what he said about Stravinsky, Vivaldi — ie that he would have written the same concerto hundreds of times — it is the richness and variety of timbres and rhythms found to distinguish these songs, while in the identical construction scheme and the same processing structure. The merit of Sonatori Treviso, led by violinist Giuliano Carmignola, lies in their execution by Vivaldi, based on ancient instruments and techniques of contemporary compositions.
1. La Primavera – op. 8 no.1/I in Mi Maggiore RV 269; Allegro
2. La Primavera – op. 8 no.1/II in Mi Maggiore RV 269; Largo e pianissimo sempre
3. La Primavera – op. 8 no.1/III in Mi Maggiore RV 269; Danza pastorale
4. L’Estate – op. 8 no.2/I in Sol Minore RV 315; Allegro non molto
5. L’Estate – op. 8 no.2/II in Sol Minore RV 315; Adagio/Presto
6. L’Estate – op. 8 no.2/III in Sol Minore RV 315; Presto
7. L’Autunno – op. 8 no.3/I in Fa Maggiore RV 293; Allegro
8. L’Autunno – op. 8 no. 3/II in Fa Maggiore RV 293; Adagio
9. L’Autunno – op. 8 no.4/III in Fa Maggiore RV 293; Allegro
10. L’Inverno – op. 8 no.4/I in Fa Minore RV 297
11. L’Inverno – op. 8 no.4/II in Fa Minore RV 297; Largo e pianissimo sempre
12. L’Inverno – op. 8 no.4/III in Fa Minore RV 297; Danza pastorale
13. L’Amoroso – in Mi Maggiore RV 271; Allegro
14. L’Amoroso – in Mi Maggiore RV 271; Cantabile
15. L’Amoroso – in Mi Maggiore RV 271; Allegro
16. L’inquietudine – in Re maggiore RV 234; Allegro molto
17. L’inquietudine – in Re maggiore RV 234; Largo
18. L’inquietudine – in Re maggiore RV 234; Allegro