AAA 100% Analogue This LP was Remastered using Pure Analogue Components Only from the Master Tapes through to the Cutting Head
Proprius - PROP 07762 - Pressed in Germany - Limited Edition
Stereophile Magazine Record to Die For!
In the early 1980s, a series of LPs produced by the Swedish label Proprius quickly became standards for testing new equipment among the New York audiophile community. Bossi's Cantate Domino, for choir, trumpets, trombones, and organ, opens the album, followed by Swedish folk songs and music by Handel, Olsson, and others. One friend began calling the second track, "O Helga Natt" ("Oh Holy Night"), "the audiophile anthem." No wonder—it's an astounding recording. Marianne Mellnäs's startlingly clear and lovely soprano, suspended in a huge space, is confronted by a powerful chorus and a thunderous organ. Although my LP has been played to death and now has prominent ticks and pops, its dynamic range—between the crystal-clear Mellnäs, the powerful chorus, and the solid organ notes—still tests the limits of my system. - stereophile 2012-records-die-page for
THE classic recording of works for chorus, brass and organ. World-wide renowned reference 1976 Bertil Alvin-recording of Christmas music from different countries.
This is a nice album for Christmas (though perhaps not all are the Christian’s song). Recorded by Bertil Aving in 1976 and very famous for its incredible sound quality.
According to Proprius, the equipments used was the Revox A77 and two Pearl TC4 microphone.
The album starts with Enrico Bossi’s “Cantate Domino”. Hear the organ vibration at the beginning. Play it at moderate volume at silent and dark room. Feel the “presence” of this song. Simply amazing. The next track will be a classic from Johann Gottfried Walther.
The next tracks most likely dominated with vocal and church’s choirs. It will calm down your soul and raise your spiritual emotion.
This remarkable album, for many years appreciated for its exquisite sound quality in the recording of choral and solo voices- set a new standard in sound engineering.
Oscar's Motet Choir
Torsten Nilsson, conductor
Alf Linder, organ
Marianne Mellnas, soprano
1. Cantate Domino - Alf Linder/Oscar's Motet Choir
2. Organ Concerto in a Major, LV130 - Alf Linder
3. Advent - Alf Linder/Oscar's Motet Choir
4. See the Conqu'ring Hero Comes! - Oscar's Motet Choir
5. Hosianna, Davids Son - Alf Linder/Oscar's Motet Choir
6. Frojda Dig, Du Kristi Brud - Marianne Mellnas
7. Lullaby - Oscar's Motet Choir
8. Il Est Ne Le Divin Enfant - Oscar's Motet Choir
9. O Helga Natt - Various Performers
10. Den Signade Dag - Marianne Mellnas
11. Stille Nacht - Oscar's Motet Choir
12. Mariae Wiegenlied - Marianne Mellnas/Alf Linder
13. Jul - Alf Linder
14. Zither Carol - Oscar's Motet Choir
15. White Christmas - Alf Linder/Oscar's Motet Choir