A selection of tracks which should take you and your Hi-Fi system on an interesting journey.
This audiophile demonstration recording samples classical compositions by Vivaldi, J.S. Bach and Corelli, alongside a drum solo improvisation, a choir performance, microphone comparison of male voice recording, rehearsals, and more.
The first album Chasing The Dragon ever released was a collection of audiophile recordings. Many friends have asked when they would be releasing a 2nd album of audiophile recordings. After recording many new tracks, as well as adding a small selection from recent albums, Chasing The Dragon presents to you Chasing The Dragon II. The organ recording has enough bass to rattle not only your speakers, but also your neighbor's teeth! Also included is a comparison track between a 60 year old valve microphone, which is used for all CTD recordings, and a modern high quality transistor mic. The differences which you can clearly hear, are very interesting.
• Audiophile Demonstration LP
• Mastered at Air Studios in London
• Produced/Engineered by Mike Valentine
1. Drum Solo Improvisation -Tim Hortons, drum kit
2. Anonymous Piece - Lynda Sayce, lute
3. Nolo Mortem Peccatoris - Darbourne Ensemble, choir
Johann Sebastian Bach (1685-1750)
4. Toccatao and Fugue in D minor - Greg Morris, church organ
Antonio Vivaldi (1678-1741)
5. Cello Concerto RV419 - Allegro - Interpreti Veneziani, chamber orchestra
6. Microphone Comparison - Male voice recording
7. Mind the Gap! - London Underground
Robert de Visee
8. Chaccone - Lynda Sayce, theorbo
9. Rehearsal in San Videl, Venice - Davide Amadio, cello
Arcangelo Corelli (1653 - 1713)
10. Concerto grosso Op. 6, No. 4 - Chamber orchestra